Wednesday 3 July 2013

Frankenweenie (PG)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions are my own and I have reviewed this on my own accord.

Frankenweenie (2012) Poster
Image from IMDB.com
Dir: Tim Burton
Starring: Charlie Tahan, Winona Ryder, Catherine O'Hara, Martin Short.

The film revolves around Victor who is a young boy who's only friend is his pet dog Sparky, Victor's parents want Victor to make friends his own age and his father enrolls him onto the baseball team, while hitting a home-run, Sparky runs after the ball and gets knocked down.
The film was good in places and the plot easily flowed, I found that I loved spotting the old movie references relating to the old Boris Karloff movies.
This is Frankenstein for children, and it has been transferred very well, all the old elements are still there but they have been toned down. Even though this is aimed at children, adults will still like it. I found it to be heartfelt with Sparky being a great character, I loved the interaction between Sparky and Persephone the poodle.

Overall a good movie, if you like Tim Burton go and see it.

Thanks for tuning in

Gemma
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment